Coaching is a synergistic relationship between a coach and a client, designed to access our innate wisdom and resourcefulness and to unlock our full potential. It is a process which reveals and aligns us with who we truly are and provides us with a safe, nurturing, creative and objective framework to realise ourselves in all areas of our lives.
The term coaching comes from an old Anglo-Saxon word meaning carriage – something that takes you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
Coaching works on the premise that you are naturally creative, resourceful and whole and as such honours you as the expert in your life. From this foundation, we design an alliance which supports you to move towards your desired outcome.
Typically, life coaching supports personal and professional growth, based on changes initiated by you in pursuit of your specific outcomes. Coaching is future focused with a primary aim of creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in your work or personal life. The emphasis is on doing: goal, action, results and accountability.
Transpersonal Coaching adds another dimension to the goal action results model. Make a booking
“The transpersonal perspective recognises the vast untapped resource in the wealth of human experience and human potential.” Sir John WhitmoreTranspersonal means both “through” and “beyond” the personal. While the focus remains on you the client, it also encompasses a wider context of family, community, culture, society, and beyond. It is a whole system perspective. The transpersonal dimension acknowledges you as a multifaceted being (mind, body, spirit, soul) who is intricately inter-connected not only to your environment, relationships and surroundings; but to all beings and systems. Transpersonal coaching seeks to explore beyond the personal to the level of the Spirit and Soul; to access a higher, more enlightened level of consciousness; a core reservoir of energy, innate wisdom, authentic power, purpose and vision. The techniques involved may include and extend beyond the cognitive behavioural level to explore emotional and spiritual intelligence, mindfulness, imagery, metaphor, body wisdom and archetypal energies. Transpersonal coaching works holistically with your chosen agenda and also seeks to discover why that agenda is meaningful for you and whether it feels truly aligned with your authentic self or Soul. It also empowers you to explore new ways of being which can generate actions more aligned with your desired outcomes. Shifting how you are being, rather than what you are doing, is transferable to all aspects of your life. The potential then exists for you to transform your whole perspective, shift your paradigm and expand your entire field of possibility.
“The transpersonal perspective holds that every human being has a life purpose and that fulfilment comes with discovering what that is and then manifesting it.” Sir John WhitmoreIn essence Transpersonal Coaching is about working with you to support you to live and work more fully and deeply with purpose and meaning. It is about helping you to get deeper insight into and to practice being who you really are and to become more aligned with your authentic self (Soul).
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Create a safe, nurturing, creative and objective space
- Hold you in unconditional positive regard & be your objective positive supporter
- Hold complete confidentiality for you and your coaching process
- Listen intently at a deep level with complete focus on what is and isn’t being said
- Be curious and ask probing questions to stimulate your process of self discovery
- Introduce tools and techniques to facilitate you to find answers within yourself
- Elicit solutions and strategies generated by you
- Empower you as responsible and accountable
- Provide objective assessment and observations that foster your self-awareness
- Act as a sounding board in exploring possibilities and implementing thoughtful planning and decision making
- Champion opportunities and potential, encouraging stretch and challenge in line with your personal strengths and aspirations
- Foster shifts in your thinking that reveal fresh perspectives
- Challenge blind spots to illuminate new possibilities and support creation of alternative scenarios
- Maintain professional boundaries in the coaching relationship, including confidentiality, and adhere to the coaching profession's code of ethics.
- Creating a coaching agenda based on what is meaningful for you
- Arriving at each session with a focus for that particular session
- Taking responsibility for your personal decisions, choices, actions and results
- Making full use of the coaching process to gain fresh perspectives and explore new possibilities
- Taking action aligned with your personal goals and aspirations
- Engaging with the tools, concepts, models and principles offered in the coaching process
- Being kind to yourself while exploring new behaviours & moving through challenges
- Being courageous
- Having fun
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in your knowledge, skills, confidence or resources
- You want to accelerate results
- You lack clarity around choices to be made
- Your work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
- You want to identify core strengths and how best to leverage them
- You are planning something new in your business, career and life
- You want to clear clutter including blocks and fears
- You feel in a rut and want to get out
- You want to make key decisions and design strategies for success
- You want to build powerful relationships
- You are looking for your ideal career/work or business
- You are going through an important life transition
- You are starting or growing a business
- You want to connect with your core values and passions
- You seek to fulfil personal and emotional needs
- You want to live your ideal life
- You want to fulfil your potential
- You would like more time to enjoy life
- You feel adventurous
- You want have more fun, play, peace and joy in your life
I was miserable in my job, which was having a massive effect on my whole life. I felt useless and worthless, and wanted out of the industry and career I’d spent 15 years building, but had no idea what to do instead.
Janette’s patience and sense of calm made me feel totally at ease to be entirely open and honest with her and with myself. She offered insight rather than solution and helped me be insightful about myself. I was able to re-identify the skills and abilities I was good at and her questioning allowed me to develop my own solutions without the clouding of emotion. I started to feel that my contribution was worthwhile again and developed the head space and courage to leave that job. She has allowed me to find the best job in the world and still in the same industry no less. I am a much happier, more relaxed and generally a nicer person to be around.
I highly recommend Janette for coaching and wouldn’t be where I am today without her. Thank you Janette.